Cape Coral Housing Development Corporation Accepting Applications For Mortgage Assistance
In response to COVID-19 and its impact on Cape Coral homeowners, the Cape Coral Housing Development Corporation in partnership with the City of Cape Coral State Housing Initiatives Partnership Program (SHIP) is providing limited assistance to low-income homeowners who have fallen behind on their mortgage payments.
The application period is open and will continue through July 1, 2020 at 4 p.m. Applications are available online at www.capecoralaffordablehousing.org. Completed applications and all required documents should be returned via email to email@example.com.
Considering the COVID-19 epidemic, electronic applications are preferred. However, completed paper applications can be submitted to Cape Coral Housing Development Corporation offices at 609 SE 9th Terrace, Cape Coral FL 33990 between the hours of 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Mortgage Assistance Program basic requirements (other restrictions apply):
- Must meet income guidelines.
- Cape Coral households experiencing loss of income directly related to COVID-19. Clients must demonstrate that their hardship is directly related to COVID-19 and they are either 1) still employed but expenses have increased; 2) underemployed; 3) temporarily laid off; 4) unemployed as result of COVID -19.
- Households with incomes at or below 80% Area Median Income (AMI)
- Households in good standing (current with their mortgage) as of April 1, 2020
- Households with fixed interest mortgages
- Households that can demonstrate that once assistance was rendered, they can keep up with their mortgage payment and that these mortgage payments are affordable.
- Property value may not exceed $294,601
For application questions or assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (239) 471-0922.