Visitors / General Information
Cape Coral is situated along Florida’s Gulf Coast. It has more than 90 miles of interconnected bike routes throughout the City. With a land mass of 122 square miles, there are over 120 miles of bike lanes, paths and multi-use paths within the city. It is an ideal place to cycle, with more than 400 miles of beautiful canals and 40 parks offering a wide range of activities for any visitor. Since many of the City’s parks, canals and recreational venues are located directly on the bike path network, you can combine your cycling with kayaking, boating, tennis, bird-watching, baseball, swimming, shopping, relaxing and much more.
To help you make the most of your visit to Cape Coral, please reference the Lee County Visitor and Convention Bureau. The Lee County VCB site has information on dining, activities and accommodations in Cape Coral and throughout the county. Below are links to bicycle clubs, stops along the way, maps and much more. Enjoy your stay in Cape Coral!
Along Cape Coral's eight (8) interconnected bike routes that span over 90 miles, there are lots of things to see and do! Various area bicycle groups welcome visitors to join in their rides and there are several attractions to see along the bike routes as well as throughout the City. Be sure to explore the Interactive Bike Map in detail to get the most out of it!
Below are some more tips to help our area visitors:
- Parking - You can park at City owned parks and there are a lot of informal parking places along the routes as well.
- Restrooms - Restroom facilities are available at most City parks as well as at shops along the way.
- Restaurants / Stores - To see restaurants and other places along the bike routes, go the the Interactive Bike Route/Parks Map then click on the colored line for any specific bike route to get to the "Ride with GPS Map" for that route. This is a Google generated map and, when you zoom in, you can see restaurants, parks, stores, etc. along that particular bike route!
- Bike Shops / Bike Rentals -There are currently three bicycle shops in Cape Coral (click below for info). In addition, The Westin Cape Coral Resort provides free bicycle usage for its hotel guests.
- Parks - Check out the numerous parks in Cape Coral! On the Interactive Bike Route/Parks Map, click on the park icons to find out detailed information on restroom facilities, park amenities and more!