CRA South Cape Cares Assistance Program
Cape Coral Redevelopment Agency (CRA)
South Cape Cares Assistance Program
THE APPLICATION PERIOD CLOSES JUNE 12 AT 4 P.M.
In response to COVID-19 and its impact on businesses, the Cape Coral Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA) recently established a loan program to assist businesses with rent or mortgage assistance. The CRA is investing $300,000 in businesses located within the CRA special taxing district that were negatively impacted due to closures and other restrictions as a result of the pandemic.
Beginning Monday, June 8, 2020, eligible business owners can apply for up to $5,000 in rent or mortgage payment assistance. The deadline to submit completed applications and any required documents is Friday, June 12 at 4 p.m. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Businesses that are eligible for the “South Cape Cares Assistance Program” include restaurants, retail outlets, and other businesses deemed as “non-essential” by Florida’s “Safer-At-Home Act”. Ineligible businesses are those businesses that were not significantly impacted by closures or other mandates related to the pandemic. These businesses include national chains, home-based businesses, and other businesses deemed “essential” under the Act.
- Assistance is for businesses located in the CRA special taxing district. To view the CRA district boundaries, click here.
- Up to $5,000 to qualifying businesses physically located in the CRA since January 2019
- Funds can only be used for rental or mortgage payments
- Payment will be made directly to the applicant’s landlord or mortgage company
- Businesses are only eligible for one loan per business
- All completed applications will be time stamped and processed in order
- Loans shall be forgiven on a sliding scale provided they remain open in the CRA
Remain open in South Cape for one year: 25% forgiven
Remain open in South Cape for two years: 50% forgiven
Remain open in South Cape for three years: 100% forgiven
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications can be submitted beginning Monday, June 8 at 8 a.m.
The application deadline is Friday, June 12 at 4 p.m.
1. Complete the online application and email the completed application to email@example.com by 4 p.m. on Friday, June 12. ONLINE APPPLICATION: The application can be found here.
2. Applicants may apply in-person by picking-up a paper application at the Chester Street Resource Center (4816 Chester Street, Cape Coral) Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Completed paper applications and and all required documents should be returned in-person at the Resource Center no later than 4 p.m. on Friday, June 12.
To view a checklist of required documentation, please click here.
DEADLINE TO APPLY:
Completed applications and all required documents must be submitted by 4 p.m. on Friday, June 12, 2020.