Cape Coral Continues to Witness Unprecedented Growth!
2021 Economic Development Guide - Click Here
Welcome to the City of Cape Coral’s Economic Development Webpage! Our Team looks forward to continuing the prosperity and growth across the city. Our services include:
- Business Start-Ups and Expansion. Start or Grow Your Business
- Site Search. Find space to support your company’s growth
- Development Sites. Find sites worthy of investment
CAPE CORAL DEMOGRAPHIC HIGHLIGHTS
- Fast Growth. Cape Coral is one of the fastest growing cities in the U.S. experiencing a 2 percent growth rate annually
- 8th Largest City in State of Florida. It is also the 8th largest city in the State of Florida with nearly 200,000 residents
- Miami to Tampa. Largest city located between Miami and Tampa
- Getting Younger. Median age is 42 and witnessing the arrival of millenials and a growing workforce to support expanding technology, office and industrial companies
- Ranked #2 of Where More Young Residents Are Buying Homes – 2021 Study (Smartasset.com)
- Ranked #2 of The 25 Most Up-and-Coming Cities in America - 2021 Study (Neighbor)
- Ranked one the best U.S. cities to start a business (Inc. 2020 Surge Cities)
- Cape Coral Metro Area listed as one of the Top 10 fastest-growing cities in the nation (Forbes Magazine, 2018)
- Ranked one of the safest cities in the state of Florida (WalletHub)
CAPE CORAL DEVELOPMENT HIGHLIGHTS
Industrial and Office Parks Key to Economic Growth in the Cape. Industrial and Office Parks are key to the success of Cape Coral economy. Cape Coral has a need for these types of parks and is hoping to expand these areas in the Cape.
Pine Island Road Corridor Experiencing a Building Boom. This State Highway stretches more than 20 miles from Interstate 75 to Pine Island/Matlacha and supports more than 30,000 vehicles daily. The corridor is witnessing a major development boom with more than $300M in private development either under construction or in planning scheduled to break ground over the next 12-18 months.
South Cape/CRA - The Heart of Cape Coral. To spur continued investment in the South Cape, the City and the Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA) are progressing with plans to develop the Bimini Basin area. Future projects in the South Cape will enhance property values, increase the district’s revenue, attract new business and expansion of existing businesses.
Burnt Store Road - the Future for Economic Development. The Burnt Store Road Corridor extending approximately 8 miles northward from Pine Island Road to the Charlotte County line represents the future of economic development in the Cape. Approximately 850 acres of undeveloped properties are available for acquisition and development from near Kismet Parkway to just north of Durden Road.
Northeast Cape along Del Prado Blvd On the Move. Just south of Highway 41, there are 3 large commercial sites available for acquisition and development. These sites offer easy access to Interstate 75 via Highway 41 and lend themselves well to supporting office parks, light industry and retail centers.
Office Q4 2020 Economic Overview
Retail Q4 2020 Economic Overview
Industrial Q4 2020 Economic Overview
Cape Coral Office Submarket Report 2021
Cape Coral Industrial Submarket Report 2021
Cape Coral Retail Submarket Report 2021
2021 Market Trends Report
Click Here to download comprehensive market reports of SWFL commercial and residential activity provided by LSI Companies, Inc.
- LSI Market Trends: A quarterly report for the homebuilding and land development industries in SWFL
- LSI Commercial PULSE: A quarterly report detailing commercial real estate activity in SWFL, including office, retail, and industrial
The Cape Coral Economic Development Office (EDO) tracks emerging industries, demographics, market conditions and workforce data, and offers incentives for startups, relocations and expansions. Today’s market conditions are ripe for investing in and relocating your business to Cape Coral. Contact the EDO team to find the ideal site.
Meet the EDO Staff:
| Ricardo Noguera, Economic & Business Development Manager
|| Nita Whaley, Business Recruitment/Retention Specialist, Cape Coral EDO
Business Recruitment & Retention Specialist