Meet our Economic Development Team
How We Help
The Economic & Business Development Office (EDO) Team utilizes a pro-active approach toward creating a business-friendly environment where businesses can prosper and be successful. We help developers and investors acquire, develop and redevelop undeveloped and underutilized properties throughout the city. Our team offers the following services to new and expanding businesses, as well as developers and investors:
- Technology. We are very interested in assisting technology-oriented companies to start-up and expand in the Cape. As a result, the Team is eager to work with individuals interested in establishing a technology incubator, co-working space, and new or expanding technology companies.
- Ombudsperson. The EDO team provides developers and expanding businesses with ombudsperson services. We will schedule meetings with the appropriate personnel within the city to review plans and serve as your guide throughout the permit review process.
- Business Expansion & Retention Services. We will help your company find suitable expansion sites, refer to lending institutions for financing, and help in recruitment of workers and training.
- Business Attraction Services. We assist developers, property owners and assist realtors in identifying appropriate retail, restaurant, office and industrial tenants.
- Development Sites. We assist developers and investors in the identification of suitable sites to acquire and develop an assortment of uses from multi-family, mixed-use, office, technology, and light industrial uses.
Administration/Lead Negotiations & Policy
Ricardo Noguera has three decades of experience in economic and community development. He originally hails from Brooklyn, New York. Noguera holds a bachelor’s degree in cultural geography from Hunter College, City University of N.Y. He also holds a master’s degree from the University of California at Berkeley focused on city and regional planning. Noguera has devoted his career to revitalizing economically distressed communities and drawing foreign and domestic investment into communities from California, the Pacific Northwest and South and southwest Florida. Significant experience and success in developer recruitment and negotiations.
Nita Whaley, Business Recruitment/Retention Specialist, Cape Coral EDO
Business Recruitment & Retention Specialist
Nita Whaley has more than 25 years of experience in both large and small business lending, treasury management, business development, government finance, and nonprofit organizations. She holds an MBA and a B.S. in Management from Indiana Wesleyan University and an A.S. in Finance from Ball State University. She’s held a Certified Treasury Professional certification (CTP) from the Association of Financial Professionals since 2004.