Microenterprise Emergency Loan Program
Catalyst Community Capital is accepting applications from qualified Cape Coral businesses for technical assistance/grants. In response to COVID-19 and its impact on Cape Coral businesses, Catalyst Community Capital, in partnership with the City of Cape Coral, will be providing a limited number of technical assistance/grants to qualified small businesses located in low- and moderate-income areas within the City of Cape Coral.
The City of Cape Coral will be utilizing Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds to establish an emergency business grant program, which will provide a $3,000 technical assistance grant to small businesses with between 2 to 5 employees that are experiencing severe financial hardship as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. In addition to the grant funds, the program will provide legal, accounting and financial technical assistance.
Applicants must meet the following criteria to qualify for Program funding:
- Demonstrate COVID-related hardship.
- The owner of the business must live in Cape Coral.
- The business must have been in existence for at least two years.
- The business must be located within designated areas contained within the municipal boundaries of the City of Cape Coral (Click here to verify your business is located within the eligible area.)
- The business must have a physical location that is not located in a residence. Home-based businesses are not eligible.
- The business must be current with all city, state and federal licensing and financial obligations, including taxes.