Economic Development Office Team
How We Help
The Economic Development Office (EDO) Team utilizes a pro-active approach toward creating a business-friendly environment where businesses can prosper and be successful. We help developers and investors acquire, develop and redevelop undeveloped and underutilized properties throughout the city. Our team offers the following services to new and expanding businesses, as well as developers and investors:
- Technology. We are very interested in assisting technology-oriented companies to start-up and expand in the Cape. As a result, the Team is eager to work with individuals interested in establishing a technology incubator, co-working space, and new or expanding technology companies.
- Ombudsperson. The EDO team provides developers and expanding businesses with ombudsperson services. We will schedule meetings with the appropriate personnel within the city to review plans and serve as your guide throughout the permit review process.
- Business Expansion & Retention Services. We will help your company find suitable expansion sites, refer to lending institutions for financing, and help in recruitment of workers and training.
- Business Attraction Services. We assist developers, property owners and assist realtors in identifying appropriate retail, restaurant, office and industrial tenants.
- Development Sites. We assist developers and investors in the identification of suitable sites to acquire and develop an assortment of uses from multi-family, mixed-use, office, technology, and light industrial uses.
Ricardo Noguera, Cape Coral Economic Development Manager
Administration/Lead Negotiations & Policy
Ricardo Noguera has three decades of experience in economic and community development. He originally hails from Brooklyn, New York. Noguera holds a bachelor’s degree in cultural geography from Hunter College, City University of N.Y. His master’s degree from the University of California at Berkeley focused on city and regional planning. Noguera has devoted his career to revitalizing distressed communities and drawing foreign and domestic investment into communities in California, the Pacific Northwest and South Florida.
Terri Hall, South Cape Community Redevelopment Agency Coordinator
Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA) Lead Development Negotiator & Business Facilitator
Terri Hall has over 26 years’ experience in working for the City of Cape Coral. As South Cape CRA Coordinator, she oversees the daily operations of the CRA. In addition, Hall is responsible for the City’s federal and state legislative programs.
Nita Whaley, Business Recruitment/Retention Specialist, Cape Coral EDO
Business Recruitment & Retention Specialist
Nita Whaley has more than 25 years of experience in both large and small business lending, treasury management, business development, government finance, and nonprofit organizations. She holds an MBA and a B.S. in Management from Indiana Wesleyan University and an A.S. in Finance from Ball State University. She’s held a Certified Treasury Professional certification (CTP) from the Association of Financial Professionals since 2004.
Karen Ramos, Business Development Specialist, Cape Coral EDO
Business Specialist, Administration (focus on Small Businesses)
Karen Ramos has over 14 years’ experience in the Economic Development field. She is a member of the International Association of Administrative Professionals (IAAP) and obtained the Certified Administrative Professional (CAP) designation.
Madelon Miuccio, Marketing Specialist, Cape Coral EDO
Madelon Miuccio has over 10 years of marketing and public relations experience. Madelon moved to the City of Cape Coral in early 2020 from Fort Lauderdale where she worked as Director of Nightlife Marketing & Strategy for Hard Rock Hotels and was Brand Ambassador at Hard Rock Stadium.