Art at Home
- Artist Interviews New!
- Coloring Pages
- Crafter-Day Saturdays!
- DIY Face Mask
- Hand Embroidery New!
- Helpful Hints: Ways to Price Art Consistently New!
- Inspiring Chalk Drawings
- Interactive Chalk Drawings
- Thoughtful Thursdays
- Tissue Paper Flowers
- TP Roll Owl Craft
- Transformation Tuesday
- Weekly Photography Challenge New!
Check the Art Center’s Facebook page every Monday to catch up with some of your favorite local Art Center Artists!
--> Download and print coloring sheets below:
Every Saturday, check out the Cape Coral Art Center Facebook page for a weekly project that includes chalk, paper or other average household items!
DIY Face Masks
For those DIYers who are ready to bust out your sewing machine and even for those who can't sew, visit the CDC website for instructions on how to make your own face mask!
--> Share your creation with the world and tag:
In our fast-paced media world, hand embroidery is the perfect way to unplug! With a few simple stitches you are almost guaranteed success. Hang it on a wall, embroider your clothes, embellish household items and more! Here is a beginner video to start with:
Helpful Hints: Ways to Price Art Consistently
Ever wonder how other Artists price their works of art for exhibits, festivals or gift shop sales? The Art Center can break that down for you, here are two common ways to price your art!
--> Show the world by tagging #CCVirtualRecGetsCrafty #CCVirtualRec
Interactive Chalk Drawing
Here are some more awesome sidewalk chalk art ideas to try at home. Find inspiration all around you!
--> Share your creations with the world by tagging #CCVirtualRec
Join the Art Center on Facebook for art themed discussions every Thursday!
Tissue Paper Flowers
Brighten someone's day with flowers! Check out this fun DIY tutorial video to learn, step by step, how to make tissue paper flowers. Pair your handmade flower bouquet with a homemade card that comes straight from the heart.
- Paint a toilet paper roll the color of your choice.
- Once your paint dries, take the toilet paper roll and fold the top to form the ears of the owl.
- Draw eyes on a piece of white paper, cut out and glue. You can also choose to add eyes with paint, glued on wiggly eyes or marker!
- Add the beak by painting it on or gluing a triangle of paper.
- Use foam, cardboard or paper or the material of your choice to create two oval wings and glue them on to the size of the owl.
- Draw two feet on paper, color or paint them, then cut them out and glue them to the bottom of the toilet paper roll.
- Photograph your adorable Owl outside in its natural habitat!
Transformation Tuesday (or the day of your choice!)
Finally getting around to fixing that broken tile or painting rooms?
--> Share your before or after! #CCVirtualRecTransformations
Weekly Photography Challenge
Looking for a challenge? Check the Cape Coral Art Center’s Facebook page every Friday in May for a weekly photo challenge theme. Learn a new technique, practice using your gear and become more well-rounded and better at photography! Share your images related to the weekly theme in the comments section and/or create a post with #CCVirtualRec