Click on any of the links below for more details on that topic and/or scroll down to view all general information.
* About Us
* Park Rules
* Program Registration / Policies
* Facility Rentals
* Gift Cards
* Staff Directory
* Park Rangers
* Employment / Volunteering
* Master Plan
Cape Coral Parks and Recreation provides services for citizens and visitors throughout the City. Consisting of more than 39 locations (1,595 acres), the Department features waterfront parks, playgrounds, athletic complexes, community centers, tennis amenities, a youth center and skate park, boat ramps, a full scale waterpark (Sun Splash Family Waterpark), and a premier public golf course (Coral Oaks Golf Course). Programs, classes, and special events are planned year round for all ages, abilities, and interests. Many special events are produced every year as well, both by the Department and in cooperation with community partners.
Along with numerous neighborhood parks, the Department manages a variety of cultural, recreational, and specialty facilities. For a complete park/facility listing and map, visit the Parks List & Map page or go to the "Recreation Facilities" tab to learn more information about the location of your choice.
Back to top of page
The Cape Coral Parks and Recreation Department has a set of Ordinances, Chapter 12 1/2, that provide rules and regulations for parks and facilities including:
- Parking - No parking in handicap spaces without a placard or in any fire zone.
- Hours of Operation - Parks open at sunrise and close at sunset, except for pre-approved activities.
- Alcoholic Beverages - Alcohol is not permitted in any park unless pre-permitted for a City-approved event.
- Swimming - Swimming is only permitted in designated swim areas. Visit Sun Splash Family Waterpark or the Yacht Club Community Pool for aquatic fun!
- Skateboarding – Skateboarding is not permitted in any park except Eagle Skatepark.
- No Smoking/Vaping – In consideration of the children, smoking and vaping are not permitted around playgrounds, bleachers, concession areas or shelters.
- Golf – Golfing is not permitted in any of the parks except Coral Oaks Golf Course.
- Animals - Animals are not allowed on Coral Oaks Golf Course or permitted in athletic parks, playgrounds, beaches, picnic areas, nature trails, boardwalks or piers. There is a doggie park, Wagging Tails Dog Park, located at Rotary Park, for our four-legged friends.
The Cape Coral Parks & Recreation Department offers a wide variety of quality programming throughout the year for people of all ages; however, many programs require advanced registration. The quickest and easiest way to check availability and reserve your space is to go to Register Online and follow the instructions below:
- Click on the "Browse Activities" Quick Link then restrict your search based on the available criteria OR simply enter the Activity Number (if known)
- Alternate option: Select one of the category boxes to check availability.
- Note: To locate Sun Splash and Special Event tickets, click on the "Search" tab in the top navigation bar and choose "Ticket Search."
- Add desired selections to your shopping cart by logging in first with your User Name & Password or create a new account.
- Confirm selection with a check mark (if needed) and complete questions/waivers to place selection in Shopping Cart.
- Once all desired selections appear in cart, proceed to "Check Out" to enter payment information. All major credit cards are accepted.
- Please note: The registration process is not complete until all waivers and release forms are submitted.
- Walk-In Registration: Visit either the recreation facility where your selected program is being held or the Parks & Recreation counter in Cape Coral City Hall, during normal operating hours, to check availability, complete paperwork and submit full payment for the programs of your choice.
- Call-In Registration: Prior to calling the recreation facility that is hosting your program, please have ALL registration information and your credit card number ready. MasterCard, Visa, Discover, and American Express are accepted. Note: Call-in registration is not available for Athletic leagues (except Tennis) and other select programs/classes.
There is an inherent risk when participating in certain recreational activities and the Parks & Recreation Department does not carry medical accident insurance for injuries or illnesses sustained during its programs. Prior to participation, all persons must sign a waiver and release form and online registrants will also be required to agree to “terms” as part of the checkout process. The absence of personal medical insurance coverage does not make the City of Cape Coral responsible for payment of a participant’s medical expenses.Class Cancellations / Refund Policy
The personal and private information collected by the Cape Coral Parks & Recreation Department from any individual(s) is intended for the sole use of the City of Cape Coral, and such information will not be sold or distributed to other persons or agencies without the written permission of the individual(s) providing it, except as required by law. If information is provided to any other person or agency pursuant to any legal requirement, the City will advise the individual(s) of the disclosure.Photographs and Videos
Photographs and videos are taken to use for promotional purposes. By registering for a program or utilizing a recreational facility or park, you have granted us permission to use your image for promotional purposes.
Looking for a unique place to hold your next business meeting, birthday party, family reunion, wedding or other special event? Look no further! The Cape Coral Parks and Recreation Department has accommodations in a wide variety of sizes and locations to meet your needs.
The Recreation Centers & Attractions that currently offer room/facility rentals include:
- Cape Coral Art Center
- Coral Oaks Golf Course
- Four Freedoms Park
- Lake Kennedy Center
- Rotary Park Environmental Center
- Sun Splash Family Waterpark
- Tony Rotino Center
- Wm. “Bill” Austen Youth Center
- Yacht Club Community Park
- Yacht Club Community Pool
Please visit the individual park web pages to find out more information about the different options, capacities, rental rates, and policies, then contact the appropriate facility to determine room availability. Regardless of the selected location, all appropriate paperwork must be completed and deposits paid in full in order to secure reservations.
In addition to facility rentals, the Cape Coral Parks & Recreation Department has picnic shelters in several parks that can be reserved for smaller gatherings. Please see the Park Shelter Reservations page for more details.
Back to top of page
Cape Coral Parks & Recreation Gift Cards are available for purchase in the amount of your choice ($10 minimum) at our various recreation centers and the Parks & Recreation counter at City Hall (1015 Cultural Park Blvd).
Once activated, gift cards can conveniently be redeemed like cash at our recreational facilities. Let your recipient choose whether to slide into fun at Sun Splash Family Waterpark, hit the links at Coral Oaks Golf Course, take a class at the Cape Coral Art Center or Four Freedoms Park, go on a senior excursion with Lake Kennedy Center or choose from a wide array of fun activities offered through the Parks & Recreation Department. To obtain the upcoming schedule of events, click on the Parks & Recreation Program Guide in the left-hand margin (green box).
A gift of fun is always a good choice! For additional information about gift cards, please call (239) 573-3128 or contact the desired recreation center directly.
PARKS & RECREATION STAFF DIRECTORY
Back to top of page
The City of Cape Coral employs several friendly and helpful Park Rangers who are entrusted to protect and preserve the city’s park lands and boat launch ramps. Cape Coral has a diverse landscape for park grounds that include: neighborhood parks, community parks, waterparks, marinas and boat ramps, beaches, athletic complexes, environmental and natural parks.
The Park Rangers patrol all of these park sites from 8:00 a.m. until 10:30 p.m. seven days a week. The Rangers are responsible for helping to provide information, instructions, and interpretation of park ordinances and rules to visitors. Additionally, Park Rangers issue citations, report vandalism and property damage, perform traffic control, and assist with special event security and crowd control.
Work where you play! The City of Cape Coral’s Parks & Recreation Department is always looking for friendly, dependable people of all ages and skill levels to fill contract, part-time and full-time positions, as well as volunteer positions at it's various facilities. This includes everything from lifeguards, water safety staff, maintenance workers and camp counselors to guest services staff, food & beverage workers and special event staff.
Whether you are looking for some extra spending cash or a lifelong career, the City of Cape Coral's Parks & Recreation Department may very well have an employment opportunity for you!
---> View the City of Cape Coral's Current Employment Opportunities
Are you looking to get more involved in the community, accumulate volunteer hours or simply help out? There are a number of great opportunities available throughout the year for friendly and enthusiastic individuals and groups of all ages to volunteer their time and talents to the Parks & Recreation Department. You can choose whether to volunteer for a one-time special event or become a more regular volunteer at one of our recreational facilities.
Listed below are a few of the different options for your consideration and corresponding phone numbers. Please contact the Supervisor of the division/location where you wish to volunteer. They will have you complete a volunteer form for the background check and take care of scheduling. The gifts of your talent and time are appreciated!
|Parks & Recreation Division||Phone||Volunteer Opportunities|
|Cape Coral Art Center||574-0802||Help staff with various art related projects; Art background preferred|
|Coral Oaks Golf Course||573-3100||Serve as a golf cart attendant, ranger, driving range picker, etc.|
|Lake Kennedy Center||574-0575||Assist with set-up &/or clean-up of dinner shows/special events; Front desk & light clerical assistance; Decorating for the holidays|
|Marine Services||574-0809||Assist boaters with marine-related functions, hurricane prep, marine sanitation practices, office assistance, education regarding sealife such as manatees, sawfish and turtles, etc.|
|Rotary Park Environmental Center||549-4606||Assist with nature trail clean-up & other environmental related projects|
|Special Populations Center||574-0574||Help people with developmental disabilities engage in craft workshops, cooking classes, dances, bowling & other activities|
|Special Events Division||573-3123||Assist at city-wide special events (i.e. Coconut Festival, Bike Night) with registration, ticket sales, food service, merchandising, etc.|
|Tony Rotino Senior Center||574-0807||Act as an instructor teaching a special skill to seniors|
|Youth Center / Skate Park||242-3950||Assist staff with planning & facilitating youth programs and activities|
Back to top of page
Parks Master Plan 2016
After working with contracted consultant, Barth Associates, as well as conducting various workshops, surveys and focus groups over several months, the 2016 Parks Master Plan was officially adopted by Council on December 12, 2016.
---> Click here for information on the Parks GO Bond, projects to be included with the approved funding, and anticipated timeline for completion.