Code Compliance Home Page
Compliance Through Cooperation
Cape Coral is a beautiful city in which to live and work. Residents enjoy magnificent year-round weather, friendly neighbors, and a low crime rate that is the envy of other cities.
One of the primary reasons for the Cape’s high quality of life is that property owners have adopted an attitude of a clean and safe environment. This is reflected in the number of beautifully kept homes and neighborhoods throughout the city. Residents are truly proud of their property and it shows. Splendidly maintained homes and neighborhoods are a source of pride for all residents.
Homeowners also support and obey the various city ordinances that are designed to keep Cape Coral looking beautiful in the years to come.
Cape Coral did not become a beautiful city by accident -- it became beautiful because its residents made it so. Working together, property owners, neighborhood associations and the police department can keep Cape Coral beautiful in the years to come -- a clean and safe environment for us, our children, and our children’s children.
Code Compliance Division Mission Statement
To provide our citizens with the highest quality of service and to uphold and enforce Codes and Standards established to protect the Public Health, Safety and Welfare of all residents, business owners and visitors based upon priorities which are consistent with established standards. Courtesy and professionalism will serve as guiding principles which will permeate the character of the Code Unit, thereby ensuring that our determination to deter blight within the City is tempered with sensitivity and compassion.
Code Compliance Division Goals
- To educate the public about the City's codes and ordinances and to obtain voluntary compliance.
- Strive to perform our duties in a fair, professional and courteous manner.
- Protect the Health, Safety, and Welfare of all property owners, residents, tenants, businesses and visitors.
- Develop and establish standards and ordinances that ensure positive effects on property value, community appearance, and neighborhood pride.
- Partner with other departments and agencies to reach our common goals.
- Partner with community organizations and associations and assist them in reaching common goals.
- Establish and maintain a proactive environment to help solve community problems and stay at the forefront of creative and effective Code Enforcement.
Click on the links below to research the city's Code of Ordinances and Land Use and Development Regulations located on the Municode website: