Accessibility Infomation

Utilities Extension Project

How To Connect



Do we have to connect to the new water, sewer and irrigation lines after they are installed?

Yes, anyone living in the completed Utilities Extension Project adjacent to water and sewer utilities must connect. Connection to the irrigation system is optional at this time. Undeveloped parcels must connect to water and sewer as part of new home construction.


How long before I have to connect?

When the utilities construction is complete and the systems are online, homeowners will receive a "Notice of Availability" from the City and must connect to the new utilities within 180 days.


Where do I obtain a permit and water meter and what are the fees?

The property owner or their plumbing contractor can obtain a permit. A 5/8” water meter for a typical residential home can be secured on the first floor of City Hall at the Billing Services Water/Sewer Department. The meter installation fee is $310. The utility account deposit is $100 and Septic Abandonment Permit Fee is $75. These fees must be paid prior to connecting to the new utilities. After payment(s) is received, City personnel will physically install the water meter followed by the inspection of the water, sewer and irrigation services for the property.


Can the Utility Deposit Fee be waived?

To eliminate the deposit fee the City of Cape Coral requires a letter of good standing. Per City Code the letter may come from any utility company. The letter must show a 24 month history with no late payments during the preceding 12 months.


How do I connect to the new system?

To complete the connection to the new service, contact a local, City of Cape Coral licensed plumber. They will coordinate with you and explain the final procedure. We have provided you a list of plumbers located in the area which is also located on the website under FAQ. The list is provided as a courtesy to customers and is not intended to be a complete list of or endorsement of plumbers in the area.

Utility Extension Project Connection Forms

Click here for the Utility Connection Permit Application.


Click here for the Owner/Builder Affidavit.


Click here for New Construction/Utility Extension Services Application.


Click here for the Septic Abandonment Fee.