Popular Playgrounds to Get Improvements
With thousands of children utilizing Cape Coral’s playgrounds on a monthly basis, there is bound to be wear and tear over time which can lead to safety concerns. To combat this issue, the Parks Division is currently in the process of replacing old equipment and/or resurfacing three of the City’s most popular playgrounds located at the Youth Center, Yacht Club and Four Freedoms Park.
Construction of these new playgrounds will begin on August 31 at the Youth Center and will be completed one at a time, with each location taking approximately 2-3 weeks. The Youth Center and Yacht Club playgrounds are expected to be completed by the end of September and Four Freedoms’ new playground should be done by the middle of October.
Below is a quick rundown of the improvements on tap for each location and nearby parks with playgrounds that residents and guests can visit while these locations are closed for construction:
- Youth Center
- X-grass surfacing to replace the mulch
- Nearby playgrounds: Saratoga Lake Park & Giuffrida Park
- Yacht Club Community Park
- Replace 2 old playgrounds with 2 new playgrounds including 1 new ADA playground in the pool area & 1 playground at the beach
- Sand surface to replace the beach tiles
- Shade cover to be added to beach area to cover the beach playground
- Nearby playgrounds: Four Freedoms Park & Camelot Park
- Four Freedoms Park
- Replace 2 old playgrounds with 2 new playgrounds
- X-grass surfacing to replace the tiles
- Nearby playgrounds: Jaycee Park & Yacht Club Community Park
To view a complete list of Cape Coral parks that offer playgrounds, CLICK HERE.