How to Become a CCFD Firefighter
The minimum requirements needed to apply for the position of Cape Coral Firefighter are:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- State of Florida Minimum Standards Firefighter II Certification.
- State of Florida Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) or Paramedic.
- State driver's license, and/or obtain a valid Florida driver's license within thirty (30) days of hire.
- A Passing Score on a Licensed Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT)
- Proof of a passing score on a licensed CPAT must be attached electronically within the application at the time of submission.
- The CPAT MUST have been completed within one (1) year of the job posting date.
- A letter or a certificate is acceptable.
- The CPAT must be issued by one of the licensed locations on this list: http://www.iaff.org/HS/Well/statelist.htm
- CCFD is not offering the CPAT at this time.
- For job description and to apply, visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/capecoral/jobs/2602532/firefighter-5345?keywords=Fire&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
- Selected candidates will take a written test proctored by the Cape Coral Fire Department.
- Oral interviews will be scheduled for selected candidates.
Selected candidates will receive a conditional offer of employment; contingent upon the following:
- Background Check
- Includes fingerprinting
- Psychological Assessment
- Polygraph Testing
- Medical Physical Exam
- Includes drug screening
- Swim Test