State of Florida Business Incentives
Please click on the name of each program for complete information about terms and conditions, as well as for application contacts.
For additional information concerning business incentives, please contact the Cape Coral Economic Development Office. As always, we will be happy to assist you.
Workforce Florida Grants
1. Create new, permanent, full-time jobs for Florida workers.
2. Provide customized training programs that are limited to training for specialized entry-level skills only, which are not available at the local level, and cannot be used to subsidize ongoing staff development.
3. Create high-quality jobs paying 15% above the Lee County or Florida average area wage, whichever is lower.
4. Produce an exportable good or service.
5. Expand their workforce resulting in a net increase in employment of not less than 10% or 100 employees, whichever is less.
Training services can be provided through Florida's community colleges, school districts, area vocational-technical centers, or state universities. Additionally, training can be delivered at the business facility. Instructors are typically professional educators or industrial trainers. In Cape Coral, many Quick Response Training Programs have been conducted at the Lee County High Tech Center North.
This program is available to current businesses and provides grant funding for customized training of existing employees. Under the worker training grant, offered through Department of Workforce Innovation, the employer pays 50% of the training costs and the State pays 50%. The grant goes directly to the company; there are no restrictions on type of training and no minimum wage requirements.
Existing Florida businesses must meet the following requirements:
1. Have been in operation in Florida for at least one year prior to application date
2. Have at least one full time employee
3. Demonstrate financial viability
4. Be current on all state tax obligations
When a business’ preferred building site has transportation deficiency, Enterprise Florida, Inc. (EFI) offers grants for funding up to $2 million for projects that facilitate economic growth, job creation and retention.