Park Shelter Reservations
The fee to reserve a specific shelter, gazebo or pavilion in advance ranges from $40-$50 plus tax per day. Various factors such as shelter size and amenities were taken into account to determine each facility's specific reservation fee. Sorry, no refunds will be issued due to weather conditions.
--> Click here to view a complete list of park shelters & gazebos available to rent and rental fees
--> Click here to check availability and make shelter or gazebo reservations online
Additional requirements for making a Park Shelter reservation may be needed based on the size and type of gathering/event you are planning as indicated below:
Less than 100 people
If you have a small group of people who will be getting together for a birthday party or other family outing and you wish to reserve a shelter, you can make the reservation online. You will need to sign a Hold Harmless form and pay the reservation fee to secure your day and time frame.
100 – 500 people
In order to reserve space for a group of 100-500 people, you must complete a Reservation Checklist and will also need to sign a Hold Harmless form, as well as pay the reservation fee to secure your day and time frame. Depending on what kind of gathering you are planning and the equipment that will be used, you may be asked to acquire insurance for the day, and may also be required to meet with City personnel prior to the day of the event.
If you are planning an event for more than 500 people, you must go through the City’s Special Event Permit Process, in which you are required to complete a Special Event Permit Application, acquire insurance, sign a Hold Harmless form, pay the reservation fee, and potentially meet with the Special Events Committee and/or other City staff to coordinate event logistics.
Shelter reservations must be made at least one week in advance, or 60 days in advance for events with 100+ people, and the reservation fee is required at the time of booking.
Shelter Rental Cancellation Policy:
Requests to cancel existing reservations can be made by calling (239) 573-3124
* Cancellations made 3+ days before the event will receive a refund minus $10 (admin fee)
* Cancellations made less than 3 days before the event will receive household credit only minus $10 (admin fee)
Note: If the park is open and functioning the day of the rental, no refunds will be issued due to weather.
Listed below are all of the parks within the City of Cape Coral that have park shelters and/or gazebo areas available for reservation. For more information about amenities and directions to a specific location, click on the park name below OR, to see rental fees, check availability and reserve a shelter or gazebo online, click HERE:
- BMX/Strausser Sports Complex – one large shelter (40 ppl) w/ BBQ grill
- Burnt Store Boat Ramp – one medium shelter (25 ppl) – no BBQ
- Burton Park – one medium shelter (25 ppl) – no BBQ
- Camelot Park – two medium shelters (25 ppl each) w/ BBQ grills and electric
- Cape Coral Sports Complex – one large shelter (25 ppl), one medium (25 ppl) w/ BBQ grills
- Four Freedoms Park – one medium shelter (25 ppl) in fenced area – no BBQ
- Giuffrida Park – two large shelters (40 ppl each) w/ BBQ grills
- Jason Verdow – one medium shelter (25 ppl) w/ BBQ grill
- Jaycee Park – one gazebo (15 ppl) area plus two medium shelters (25 ppl each) with BBQ grills & electric
- Jim Jeffers Park – one large (40 ppl) & two medium (25 ppl each) shelters w/ BBQ grills, fans & electric
- Joe Stonis Park – two medium shelters (25 ppl) w/ BBQ grills, fans & electric
- Kosa-Saladino Park – one large shelter (25 ppl) w/ BBQ grill
- Lake Kennedy Community Park – (15 ppl) gazebo at front of park
- Paul Sanborn Park – one large shelter (40 ppl) w/ BBQ grill & electric
- Rosen Park - three medium shelters (25 ppl each) w/ BBQ grills & electric
- Rotary Park - three medium shelters (25 ppl each) w/ BBQ grills & electric
- Saratoga Lake Park – one medium shelter (25 ppl) w/ BBQ grill
- Storm Football Complex – one medium shelter (25 ppl) w/ BBQ grill
- Veterans Park – one large shelter (40 ppl) w/ BBQ grill
For additional information regarding Park Shelter Reservations, call (239) 573-3124.
Park Ranger / Police assistance is available during non-business hours at (239) 574-3223.